America’s Statue of Liberty is considered a permanent symbol of freedom. Its 132nd birthday will be celebrated on 28th October 2017 this month. So let’s tell you some interesting facts about this charming monument 132 years old.
1. Statue of liberty is not a man but a woman’s idol, the sculptor made it according to the face of her mother. When this statue was standing, it was the tallest structure of iron.
2. Approximately 3.2 million people visit the Statue of Liberty every year. Its full name is ‘Liberty Enlightening the World‘, let us know that this statue was gifted to the United States in 1886 by France.
3. It was officially presented to the world on October 28, 1886, but its head was shown in the year 1878 at the World’s Fair in Paris. It took some time for more than 9 years to build it.
4. The statue has a torch in one hand and a book in hand. The book is in the left hand, which is 23 feet 7 inches long and 13 feet 7 inches wide. The book is written JULY IV MDCCLXXVI (4 July 1776 in Roman), it is the date of US Independence Day.
5. The height of the Statue of Liberty is equal to the 22-story building. From the ground to the touch point, the height is 305 feet 6 inches. The height of the statue from the heel to the height is 111 feet 6 inches. The total weight of this statue is 2,04,116 kg. To reach its crown, people have to climb 354 stairs
6. The idea of making this was given by ‘Edouard de Laboulaye‘, while its design was prepared by ‘Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi‘. This image was designed by Gustav Eiffel, who designed the designer of the Eiffel Tower in the backbone of the statue.
7. Statue of Liberty is wearing a shoe of 879 number. This statue has seven kills on the crown, which shows seven continents and seas. The length of a nail is 9 feet and the weight is 68 kg. There are 25 windows on the crown which reflect the earth’s gems.
8. In the year 1982, it came to know that its face was set at two feet behind the center. Its face is 8 feet long and the face is like a sculptor’s mother.
9. Electricity drops 300 times every year on the Statue of Liberty. If this power is collected then it is made of 600 volts. The first photocopying of electricity on this was drawn in 2010.
10. Since this statue, two people have committed suicide by jumping. The first incident took place in 1929 and the second year in 1932. After this, those who tried to jump left.
Subscribe to us about similar posts and share and comment on this post.