The dream of settling and reading in Chandigarh spread over 44 sq miles is seen by most youths of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh and why even then this beautiful city is known throughout the world for its architecture and design.
1. Even if Union Territory of Chandigarh is called India’s most modern and cleanest city, it will not be wrong. Let us give you some information related to this state …
2. Chandigarh, which has become the capital of Punjab and Haryana, is today an attraction for trade and tourists.
3. There is both fun and excitement in Chandigarh because it is the capital of two states and it gives an opportunity to see two or two arts.
4. Before independence, Punjab’s capital was Lahore, but in the year 1947, after the independence, Punjab needed a separate capital, due to which Chandigarh came into being.
5. Currently, Chandigarh is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana.
6. Chandigarh was designed by the famous French architect Le Corbusier.
7. Le Corbusier had the concept of Chandigarh in accordance with the human body. On the lines of ‘Head’, Sector-1 Capital Complex, Heart City Center Sector-17, opened for lungs and gave green space, 7V on the lines of the communication system and educational institutions for the brain.
8. Chandigarh has got its name from Chandi Mandir and this temple is still a famous tourist spot of the city.
9. Chandigarh is the city of a dream of Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister.
10. Chandigarh is the first city planned by India.
11. In the world, Chandigarh is called ‘City Beautiful’ due to its beauty and greenery.
12. Green trees are a major part of the city’s plan. According to one figure, the city is full of 26 flower species and 22 tree species.
13. The official logo (symbol) of Chandigarh is ‘Open Hand’ which sends an open message of peace and reconciliation.
14. In Panchkula and Chandigarh areas, you will not get Sector 13, because there is a superstitious belief behind that 13 are not auspiciousChandigarh was declared the first smoking-free city in India and it was announced on July 15, 2007.
15. The Rose Garden of Chandigarh is known as Asia’s Largest Rose Garden, you will find more than 1600 rose species in the Rose Garden.
16. Like the Rose Garden, Rock Garden attracts people, you will be surprised to know that the rock garden of Chandigarh is built by Nekchand using the garbage.
17. You will not find any idol in the Chandigarh circle and in the park and it has been done according to the situation of architect Lee Kabie.The neighboring cities of Chandigarh, Panchkula, and Mohali are both called Trinity together.
18. Most of the people in the government retired will meet in Chandigarh and this city has got the title of ‘Parivar Paradise’.The craze for the student union elections to be held at the University of Chandigarh is so much in the students there as if no assembly or Lok Sabha elections are going on.
19. According to the study of the Government of India, Chandigarh is one of the cleanest cities in the country. In the Human Development Index, Chandigarh is at the top of the list of states and Union Territories of India.
20. The lake of Sukhna Lake, which enjoys the charming and boating of Chandigarh, was constructed in the year 1958 and it is a man-made lake.
21. According to a survey, those living in Chandigarh live a happier life than those living in other states of India.